21 July 2010

One Month

I can't believe it! It's been about a month since we brought Lily home. The time has gone by so fast, and I love maternity leave. It would be so awesome to just be a housewife, even better if Darin didn't have to work either. Is it possible to get someone to sponsor you to be stay at home parents??

In the past month, we have been trying to get into a schedule. I've been able to get sleep, but because Lily is awake at random times, its tiring to cater to her eating needs. The past few nights have been great, we'll usually put her to bed around 12 and then she gets up at 4am and then at 8am to eat, which I can live with. I think my years at art school helped prepare me to sleep for small amounts of time at random times of the day. Of course there were days early on where Lily would get up at 4am and be wide awake until 6am, or those days where she would wake up every hour to eat, OR those days where she would get up at about 4am and cry until 7am. ugh, those days were exhausting, but (knock on wood) we haven't had a night like that in a while.

We have been taking Lily out and about, and its been great so far. We just got back from a long weekend up north where she got to meet more family members, sit on a boat, and experience being in a house with no air conditioning haha. Luckily, it wasn't too hot, but man did I miss nursing in a room with a/c!

okay, back to organizing photos, there are so many! Here are a few from the past month:



2 comments:

  1. Wow Angie and Darin, you make BEAUTIFUL babies!! She is absolutely wonderful, beautiful, amazing, perfect. I can't wait to see you guys and my little niece!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I can't wait to see you either, we'll have to make it out to your house soon <3

    ReplyDelete