23 January 2010

We're having a girl!

It's happened. The happiest moment in my life so far. Darin and I found out we are having a baby girl. I feel like I am in a magical-dream-land part of pregnancy, is there such a thing?

The reason I say that, is because I have been reading through mom blogs and podcasts, and most of them are honest and up front about all the trials and tribulations of motherhood. None of these blogs ever describe a fairy tale version of being a parent, but for me, its been too good to be true. Now that all the big secrets are out, its just waiting from here on out. Naturally, we will pass the time decorating and getting this house ready for a baby girl. It has been fun so far looking at nurseries, baby clothes, and picking out names with Darin.

I will also spend some time reading about what to expect and prepare myself for motherhood. We are one of the first of our friends to have a baby, and its been about 8 years since I have had someone really close to me (my sister) go through a pregnancy. I know there is a lot to learn, but I have found some wonderful resources. I have become closer with the few friends who are moms/soon-to-be moms, and it's really comforting knowing they are there. It's nice talking with other moms, not entirely for advice, but just to find out that what you're going through is pretty normal, no matter how strange it may seem. I hope that one day, I will be able to give comfort to friends in the future when they decide to become parents.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you guys :( And I will come to you for advice if I ever have a baby!!

    And: I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

    ReplyDelete